Women are always looking for ways to burn belly fat and keep it off. But, did you know that taking steps to increase your metabolism is the best way to help women lose belly fat? So, I’ve put together a list of some of the best things you can do that will help you burn belly fat and speed up your metabolism naturally.
- Build Muscle. Building muscle is the #1 way to burn belly fat and put your metabolism into hyper-drive. The more muscle you have, the more calories you burn. Period. When you combine a diet like the MARI Method “Eat Smart” plan with Yometrics for resistance training, women lose belly fat and quickly build muscle.
- Eat Often. When you go for periods of time without eating, you body goes into conservation mode and begins storing fat. But, if you eat something healthy every 2-3 hours, you will turn your body into a fat burning machine! This will supply your body with a constant source of good quality fuel, helping to regulate your insulin levels, and keeping you from feeling hungry at the same time.
- Keep Moving. When you are active, this helps increase your metabolism in high gear. So, look for ways to stay active throughout the day. Little things, like taking the stairs between floors if you work in an office, looking for a parking place far from the front door, doing squats as you brush your teeth are excellent ways to keep your metabolism going.
- Eat Smart. When we lose weight, we want to develop nice, toned bodies… and not loose, flabby skin. Eating good quality protein, high quality fiber, and drinking lots of water can aide in the development of muscle. This increased muscle helps women lose belly fat quickly and assures that you look healthy as you lose weight instead of looking drawn and sickly.
- Eat Fat. I know, I know! You think that to lose weight, you must go on a low fat diet. But that is not entirely true. You body actually needs certain fats to maintain correct thyroid and glandular function and to burn belly fat. So your diet needs to incorporate good quality fats such as extra-virgin olive oil, coconut oil, and fish oil. My preference for fish oil is Krill Oil. Since Krill is the lowest fish on the food chain, it is less likely to contain a build up of mercury that is common in the larger fish. Plus, Krill oil does NOT cause the “burps” that some of the other fish oils do.
When you combine the ideas above into your daily routine, you are setting yourself up for long-term weight loss success. And that’s what you really want, right? Most women do not want to go to the trouble to lose weight only to have it come right back because you went on a crazy fad diet that you can’t stick to long-term. It is best for women to lose belly fat by developing good habits that will increase their metabolism and continue to burn belly fat for a lifetime.