This is an ALL GREEN item
If you think you don’t like cooked cabbage… it’s time to think again!
Cabbage is a power packed cruciferous veggie loaded with cancer-fighting phytonutrients.
This version is stir-fried with onions and no-nitrate bacon to give it an incredible, almost sweet, taste.
10 g Carbohydrates (4 g Fiber, 3 g Sugar) 6 NET Carbs
1 g Fat; 3 g Protein
1/2 large head organic cabbage, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 piece bacon
1/2 onion, cut into thin strips, then halved
1 cup of your favorite chicken broth
salt & pepper to taste
PUTTING IT TOGETHER
1. Cut bacon into small pieces
2. Using a large, lidded skillet, cook then bacon over medium high heat until slightly done
3. Add the onions, and continue cooking until onions are translucent
4. Remove onions and bacon, and reduce heat to medium
5. Lay cabbage in pan, put onions/bacon on top, and pour broth over it all
6. Sprinkle salt & pepper on top
7. Cover with tight fitting lid, and cook for approx 15-20 minutes until cabbage is tender