This is a very QUICK and EASY recipe. No need to knead or let rise like in traditional bread.
Simply mix it up, and throw it in the pan. Plus, it tastes MUCH better than those commercially prepared gluten free breads you’ll find at the market.
If you have a “bun” pan, you could use that and make some hamburger style buns.
9 g Carbohydrates (2 g Fiber, 1 g Sugar) 7 NET Carbs
14 g Fat; 8 g Protein
3/4 cup creamy, roasted almond butter*
*You can economically make your own, or buy commercially prepared!
1/4 cup blanched almond meal
1/4 cup tapioca starch
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp aluminum free baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 TBL flax seed meal
PUTTING IT TOGETHER
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a large bowl, mix together almond butter and eggs with electric mixer until smooth
3. In a separate bowl, combine the other ingredients, and stir to mix thoroughly.
4. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until smooth
5. Pour into 8 oiled mini loaf pans
6. Bake for 25 minutes until toothpick inserted into middle comes out clean
7. Cool in pan on wire rack
NOTE: If desired, you can bake this in a loaf pan, and then slice for a more traditional style piece of bread.
To store: wrap in paper towel, then store in plastic bag. Keeps in refrigerator for up to 6 days